Business alignment: Connects the landscape to operations through 4 perspectives shown below. The goal is traceability of external impacts through the four perspectives (and the reverse) to assess potential impact of external and internal change to the performance, viability, and survival of the organization. A key goal is reducing the number of unknown relationships and increasing the quality, reliability and value of decision making. No decision has 100% probability. You are lucky to have 70% success. Organizations say just having a better than 50% success rate is good as it says you are minimally ahead of the game.
Business alignment can be done end-to-end, applied in part, such as aligning the strategic view with the tactical view or tactical with operational view. It can also be done top-down, bottom-up or middle out. Bottom-up (reverse analysis) is used to assess impact of operational changes like applying AI for hyper automation on strategic direction. Tools with current and emerging management analytics (E.G. Wizsm from IYCON) provide key insight from linking together the different perspectives of the organization, identifying missing, important, or irrelevant linkages and ranking the factors that are most important to the organization.
Business Alignment Overview
Business Alignment analysis is used for analyzing organization structure changes such as:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- As – Is/To – Be analysis and so on
- Business Alignment is an analytical method of assessing change options on an organization
Business Alignment – The Complete Picture
Incremental alignment can be done independently and then linked using a common set of management analytics
Business Alignment Analytics
- Unique algorithms such as ‘Path to Point’ provide graphic insight that exposes relationships that are part of the planning and execution linkage
- Here we see the potential impact of legislative changes on the core processes of th organization
- Insight like this is key as to where to focus automation and improvement efforts for processes